Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Beatles - Across The Universe

So I woke up and got ready to go to work at the job I'd held a little over a year. This was always hard, for reasons it would take a while to explain, so I won't here. I turned on the TV while I made breakfast and soon realized that all, all, every single bit of the talk was about him, which seemed beyond strange. Sure, he'd come out of retirement a few weeks before, but why did that matter so much that it had all but taken over the airwaves? Soon I realized that he was dead, but had no idea how. I called a friend just to find out, who gave me the details. I went to work, and it was the kind of environment where no one was really interested in such things, which made me lonely. But there was nothing to do.

This song showed his range, and of the four versions that have been released over the years is my favorite.

No comments: