Thursday, September 20, 2007

Muddy Waters - I Got My Mojo Working

I'm working on a couple of longer posts, but until then it's dribs and drabs, I'm afraid. But since I have not yet performed the de rigueur blog post linking to YouTube, I must rectify that at once. Here's a link to a piece that includes Mike Bloomfield, one of my favorite guitar players. It's from a PBS all-star blues special, with Muddy Waters taking the lead vocal. Bloomfield gets a solo starting around the three minute mark. There are actually better posts of Bloomfield on YouTube, but I chose this one because here he's surrounded by his heroes (such as Muddy) and friends ( such as Johnny Winter and Dr. John). He really was all about music as a communal activity, which is a fancy term for a very basic human activity. Enjoy.

No comments: