Sunday, May 25, 2008

Doc Watson - Deep River Blues - The Text

For some reason YouTube and Blogger are not playing nice again. So when I post from YouTube everything works okay, but when I try to edit the post and add text or tags Blogger says it's seeing HTML errors. Not in what I've added but in the material supplied by YouTube. So I exit without saving. Then when I look at the post the supposed erroneous HTML works perfectly. The same thing happened with the recent icanhascheezburger post. So, a problem, but not my fault. Sigh. But it means I can't add text or tags to that post.

At any rate, the Doc Watson clip below looks like it's from the sixties. His career in the world at large began as part of the folk revival early in that decade. I once lived just a few miles from his home, but didn't realize it until afterwards, so missed any chance to meet him.

Seen him play twice. His taste is omnivorous--the second time one of his songs was "Nights in White Satin." Here he plays, with his usual flawless dexterity, an arrangement of an old country standard.

No comments: